Bathroom Design Mastery
Discover the bathroom design guidelines you need to know plus time-saving drawing techniques that will make you a better designer and help you enhance your bottom line.
Discover what you need to create
amazing residential bathroom designs:
- How to ask and answer the right questions
- The NKBA Guidelines & Accessibility Standards
- Living in Place Design Criteria
- Enhanced As-Built measuring techniques
- Best practices to design baths using Chief Architect
- Process of creating construction documents
- and much more...
Foot for Foot bathrooms can be one of the most expensive rooms in your client's home.
It's your job as a designer to help your clients meet their requirements while staying within their budget.
Creating the best design requires extensive knowledge of available products and materials, design guidelines, interviewing techniques, and presentation methods to demonstrate your ideas to your clients.
Chief Architect will help you show your clients exactly what you have in mind with its hundreds of tools all while creating the working drawings needed by everyone involved in the project.
In this course, you will come away with what you need to better recommend the best materials and products for your clients and how to present your ideas using Chief Architect software.
You'll also receive many templates, symbols, recordings, and other content to help you set up and optimize Chief Architect. By offering recordings of these topics we can focus more on the Art of Bathroom Design in our live sessions and less time on setting up Chief Architect.
Kitchen Design Specialist CMKBD/CAPS/CLIPPS
In Robin’s 30 plus years in the industry, she has been a founding partner of both a Portland design/build remodeling firm and an independent residential design firm. Her true love is designing kitchens and baths.
- Certified Master Kitchen and Bath Designer (CMKBD)
- Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS).
- Speaker & educator with NKBA,
- Co-author “Sustainable Design for K&B Designers”
- Sustainable Design Specialist and Advocate
- Teaches K&B design at Portland Comm. College
Robin will share her experiences of the principles and best practices for designing bathrooms.
Chief Architect CAD Software Specialist
Dan fell in love with Chief Architect v1 in June of 1993 and used it in his construction business before making the transition from contractor to Chief Architect user, trainer, coach, and full-time cheerleader.
- Chief Architect certified user and trainer
- Was a remodeling contractor for over 20 years
- 19 years of using and teaching Chief Architect
- Has drawn 1000's of plans using Chief Architect
- Creator of templates and other content for Chief Users
- Always on the lookout for better uses of Chief
Dan will show you how to create great-looking and accurate plans using Chief Architect
Bathroom Design Mastery
- All sessions are recorded
- Classes are available on Demand
- Learn at your own pace
Session #1, Design Guidelines & Plan Requirements
- Introduction to NKBA Bathroom Guidelines
- Assessability Guidelines
- Living in Place Guidelines (Aging in place
- Task Areas and Storage needs and requirements
- Water Conservations ideas and solutions
- What goes into a set of bathroom plans
- Process of creating plans in Chief Architect
- Using templates to save time
- Q&A Discussion
Session #2, Q&A Session - Focus "Plan Review"
In this 90-minute meeting, we'll review plans submitted by students and answer your Chief Architect questions.
Session #3, Addressing Elements in the Bathroom
- Shower types and design requirements
- Creating custom showers
- Framing requirements
- Steam shower requirements and design
- Adding thresholds, wall niches, shelves & seats
- Adding tubs and spas
- Finding and creating symbols
- Creating libraries
- Adding and changing materials
Session #4, Q&A Session - Focus "Materials & Symbols"
in this 90-minute meeting, we'll discuss how to find and create your symbols and materials and answer your Chief Architect questions.
Session #5, Vanity, Toileting and Working Docs
- Tiolet and Toilet Room space planning and guidelines
- Bidet Discussion
- Lighting and ventilation requirements
- Vanity guidelines
- Creating custom vanities in Chief
- Custom notes and schedules
- Detailing Elevations
- Adding views to your layout
Session #6, Q&A Session - Focus "Schedules & Working Docs"
in this 90-minute meeting, we'll focus more on how to create schedules and the final working docs and answer your Chief Architect questions.
Bonus Chief Optimal Setup, Templates, Preferences, Content & More :
When you join Bathroom Design Mastery, you'll get these additional templates, symbols, recordings, and other content that you can refer back to at any time.
- Setting Up Optimal Preferences To Operate Chief Architect
- Setting Up The Enhanced Toolbar for the Premier Version
- Adding the Enhanced Toolbar to the Chief Interior Version
- Adding Custom Icons to the Enhanced Toolbar
- Setting Up and Using Some Custom Keystrokes To Save Time
- Setting Up and Using Custom Keystrokes To Save Time
- Downloading Library Content From Chief's Website
- Installing the Custom X13 Plan and Layout Template
- Basics of wall and room layout and dimensioning
- Creating vaulted ceilings
- Setting Defaults for Your Plan
- Customizing The Layout Template For Your Company
- Overview of Using the Plan Template
- Installing the CE Bath Symbol Library
- Using the Custom Shower Creator Library
- Tips for Doing the As-Built Drawings
- Creating custom electrical items and symbols
- Using Canvas for Your As-Built Scans
- Using Matterport for Your As-Built Scans
- Creating and Showing Options for Your Plans
- Doing custom layout of wall and floor tile
- Using Chief's built-in presentation tools
- More to follow...
Discover the Tools To Take Your Bathroom Design Skills to the Next Level
BATHROOM DESIGN MASTERY
Get The Full Course And More:
- Access to all 6 Live Sessions
- All recordings
- Session handouts
- All of the bonuses
- Custome Templates
- Custom Libraries
- 1-Hour Free one on one call
All For Only... $595
How long will I have access to this course?
You will have access to all of the recordings, content, downloads, and community for one year upon completion of the course.
How long does each session last?
The Q&A Zoom sessions will last approximately 90-minutes, and the Full Sessions will go from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM with a 30-minute break. Sessions may go longer if there are a lot of questions.
Are these sessions recorded?
Yes. Each session will be recorded, edited with time codes, and posted in the member's library.
Are course materials available to download for each session?
All course materials will be available for download as long as you have access to this course.
How do I add multiple people from my company to these courses?
We offer volume discounts to companies and other organizations. Don't hesitate to contact [email protected] for details.
Attend the first two live classes and if you're not delighted with them, simply ask for a full "no questions asked" refund. We want to make sure this is right for you.